Montessori Language materials have been developed to follow a child’s natural progress.
Note to Self: Observe and recognise Sensitive Periods for language.
Place the language materials on your shelves with order and progression in mind.
At least 2 boxes consist of 3 letter phonetic objects, and
4-6 boxes with phonetic pictures.
Word building by sounding out.
And boxes with 3 letter pictures and word cards, at least 6 boxes.
Sounding out and interpretive reading.
Bob books set 1.
Notes to self: Pink Materials in Language area in a classroom:
1) Carefully plan logical material progression to encourage growth and independence with the language materials.
2) Ensure that a 2-3 year old will be equally pulled to the language shelves as a 4-6 year old.
3) Encourage the child to explore the materials and observe sensitive periods.
4) Observe, introduce and demonstrate the materials following the child.
5) Children will relish the richness of the Language area in your classroom.
6) Make sure the language curriculum is prepared in such a way as to encourage use, independence and freedom of choice.
Empower the child.