A snippet of General Knowledge for circle time or fascinating facts to develop into cultural projects.
August: Stone is the Peridot, and Flower is the Gladiolus.
2. Coast Guard Day, the coast guards were established in 1790
3. Barack Obama was born in 1961 (44th U.S. President)
4. Assistance Dog Day.
2. Neil Armstrong born in 1930 in Ohio.
2. Alfred Lord Tennyson born 1809. Poet Laureate of Great Britain and Ireland.
3. Root beer Float Day.
1. U.S. Bureau of Lighthouse Day. On August 7, 1789, the United States Congress approved an act for the “establishment and support of Lighthouse, Beacons, Buoys, and Public Piers.” Two hundred years later Congress designated August 7 as National Lighthouse Day.
2. Betsy Byars 1928. Betsy Cromer Byars is an American author of children’s books. Her novel Summer of the Swans won the 1971 Newbery Medal.
3. National Sea Serpant Day (US) recognition of a famous sea serpent sighting in 1848.
2. Thomas Edison received patent of the mimeograph machine for “Autographic Printing” on August 8, 1876
3. National Waffle Day (US)
2. International Art Appreciation Day.
3. International Day of World’s Indigenous Peoples.
4. Rice Pudding Day.
2. S’mores Day. (US)