In the Southern Hemisphere August is the equivalent of February in the Northern Hemisphere.
The stone is the Peridot.
2. The last total solar eclipse of the millennium occurred in 1999.
3. Don Freeman was born in 1908. Author of Corduroy and other children’s books.
2. Tyrannosaurus Sue Discovered in 1990 by palaeontologist Sue Hendrickson.
3. National Vinyl Records Day. Started by a non profit Vinyl Record Day Company to preserve vinyl music, culture art and sound.
4.Middle Children’s Day.
2. Fall of the Azetec Empire, 1512.
3. Annie Oakley was born in 1860
2. Senior Citizen Day.
3. Alice Provensen born in 1917. Children’s book author.
2. Julia Child born in Pasadena CA. in 1912
3. Transcontinental Railroad completed 1870 (johnweeks.com)
4. Panama Canal was first used in 1914.
2. National Tell a Joke Day (US)
3. Roller Coaster Day. Roller Coaster Patented in 1898
4. Beatrice de Regniers Born in 1914, author of Children’s books. She wrote the Enchanted Forest.
2. Myra Cohn Livingston Born in 1926. She wrote poetry and was a huge supporter of Children’s literature.
3. Klondike Gold Rush Begins, 1896, prospectors found gold in the Yukon Territory in Canada, setting the stage for a “gold rush”.